At the Affordable Housing Implementation Symposium held in August 2018, the Minister for Planning, Hon Richard Wynne MP, announced an affordable housing capability uplift package to assist stakeholders when negotiating voluntary affordable housing agreements.
As part of this package, DELWP commissioned the Affordable Housing Industry Advisory Group (the AHIAG) to deliver four Affordable Housing Masterclasses between November 2018 and February 2019 to:
· Heighten awareness of the affordable housing reforms and associated voluntary framework.
· Build the capacity of Councils to successfully negotiate voluntary affordable housing agreements.
· Support timely and efficient negotiation of voluntary affordable housing agreements, and the delivery of more affordable housing.
· Support the development of a network of local government professionals with an interest in such agreements.
· Further build DELWP’s understanding of enablers and barriers to affordable housing agreements.
In light of the overwhelmingly positive feedback received from the four previous one-day Masterclasses, DEWLP have commissioned a further two Masterclasses. The one-day Masterclass is being offered on Tuesday, 14 May and Thursday, 6 June 2019 (participants only register to attend one date).
The Masterclass includes presentations by development and not-for-profit representatives. Opportunities for participant discussion, and a comprehensive resource pack to support further learning. It intentionally seeks to enhance stakeholder’s understanding of the cross-industry requirements to invest and support planning negotiated Affordable Housing outcomes.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning is offering a 50% discount on ticket price to Local Government and Community Housing Organisation participants in the Masterclass.
Staff of these organisations can enter the discount code ‘delwp2019’ when selecting their preferred date option to receive a 50 per cent discount on the Masterclass Fee (tip: click on ‘Enter Promotional Code’ when the pop-up box appears).
Email queries to Kate Breen.