Contact us

Reach out to us today with your community housing questions or ideas.

General enquiries

Our small team is currently working some days in the office and some days at home. Contact details for individual staff members can be found on Our People page. If you have a general inquiry please send an email or try calling us on: 

(03) 9654 6077

RTA/VCAT Helpline

For community housing organisations seeking assistance with tricky RTA/VCAT situations.

We are pleased to announce that CHIA Vic’s member RTA/VCAT Helpline. We recommend using the Helpline if your colleagues are unable to assist with a complex RTA/VCAT related situation. Please email CHIA Vic with a brief explanation of the matter and name of your organisation or call the helpline.

Helpline Phone Number: (03) 9654 6077 | Helpline Email:

Media Enquiries

CHIA Vic is able to assist the media with expert commentary on housing affordability and social housing issues.  Please direct any media inquiries to our Communications team via email at

If you need housing

As an industry peak body, CHIA Vic does not own or manage housing. If you want to speak to someone about getting housing the organisations below have the expertise and resources to assist you.

Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?

 Call 1800 825 955

Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call to get you help nearby. If after hours, they will refer you to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.

Are you escaping family violence?

 Call 1800 015 188

Free 24 hour phone line. Someone will take your call from Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre

Are you looking for long-term social housing?

If you are in need of social housing, your first step is to apply to the Victorian Housing Register. Visit the DFFH website for details.

To apply for social housing: 

Community housing tenants complaints 

If you want to make a complaint about your community housing organisation the first step is to go through their internal complaints process. Information on how to do this should be available from their website.

If this does not resolve your problem then community housing tenants can lodge a complaint with the Housing Registrar, who oversees the registered community housing.

Details on how to lodge a complaint with the Registrar can be found on their website: 

If your complaint relates to things covered by the rental laws, then you may wish to seek advice instead from Tenants Victoria:

CHIA Vic Office

1/128 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000


03 9654 6077

Office Hours:

Mon-Fri: 9am – 5pm

Other enquiries


This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.