CHFV has welcomed the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) decision to once again bring together the areas concerned with housing into one branch under the leadership of Nick Foa.
The branch is part of a broader DHHS restructure that will create six divisions, each headed by a senior deputy secretary:
- Children, Families, Disability and Operations – Chris Asquini
- Corporate Services – Carolyn de Gois
- Health and Wellbeing – Terry Symonds
- Housing, Infrastructure, Sport and Recreation – Nick Foa
- Regulation, Health Protection and Emergency Management – Melissa Skilbeck
- Strategy and Planning – Amity Durham (Acting)
And three portfolio agencies:
- Family Safety Victoria
- Safer Care Victoria
- Victorian Agency for Health Information
Family Safety Victoria, will come into being from July 3, utilising staff and work areas from the Department of Premier and Cabinet and DHHS. It will be overseen by the Special Minister of State Gavin Jennings.
See the department’s website for details of the restructure.