We invite you and your staff to join Alex McKinlay and Melissa Elleray from Moores for a discussion about child safety issues in community housing. Child safety issues are important for everyone to be aware of, but are particularly relevant for staff members working with families and children.
In this 1.5 hour seminar, Alex and Melissa will cover:
- the legal obligations community housing providers have when it comes to child safety, including reporting obligations and the reportable conduct scheme;
- practical tips for updating your policies and procedures;
- considerations in conducting recruitment in a child safe manner;
- a discussion of the changes we are expecting to see in 2022, including the new Child Safety Standards and the change and suppression practices legislation;
- applying a cultural lens to your child safety practices; and
- practical case studies.
Date: 20 October 2021
Time: 9:30 AM -11 AM
Trainers: Alex McKinlay and Melissa Elleray – Moores