We invite you and your staff to join Patrice Fitzgerald and Melissa Elleray from Moores for a discussion about child safety issues in community housing. Child safety issues are important for everyone to be aware of, but are particularly relevant for staff members working with families and children.
In this 1.5 hour seminar, Patrice and Melissa will cover:
- an overview of the child safety legal obligations and reporting obligations imposed on community housing providers;
- recognising signs of child abuse and harm in children and how to respond;
- the new Victorian Child Safe Standards;
- practical tips on how to meet your obligations under the new Child Safe Standards;
- a focus on the obligations to make your organisation a safe cultural space for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons in line with new Child Safe Standard 1; and
- practical case studies.