Since the publication of DSM5® Hoarding Disorder has been classified as a diagnosable mental illness. In some cases it can lead to situations where a person is living in squalor. This behaviour causes problems that are of concern to wide range of organisations and services including housing services, community health agencies, environmental health agencies, the fire service, police, animal protection agencies and more.
This course is designed to raise awareness of hoarding and squalor, and provide some practical guidance on best practices responses.
At the completion of this training you should be able to:
- Define hoarding
- Describe why people hoard
- Describe the psychology behind hoarding
- Identify hoarding and squalor triggers and signposts
- Identify dangers and minimise risk
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships
- Use accepted tools and techniques
Dates: 4 Nov 2021
Time: 9:30 AM -1 PM
Cost: $275 (GST inclusive) member – $297 (GST inclusive) non-member