In line with the Australian Housing First principles, Introduction to Housing First: Principles and Practice (H2H) will provide Homelessness to a Home (H2H) tenancy staff, with the basic skills and knowledge to support the delivery of housing to people who have experienced homelessness and have multiple and complex needs.
Training activities will focus on how participants can apply Housing First principles into their practice. The training will outline the role of the tenancy manager within a Housing First model, and how to navigate challenging scenarios. The training will include an examination of complex case studies where there are multiple competing interests.
Key Learning outcomes:
- Participants will gain an understanding of the history of Housing First in the local and international context.
- Participants will hear the value of Housing First practice from the perspective of someone with lived experience.
- Participants will gain understanding and confidence enabling Housing First interventions and approaches to be embedded into their practice.
- Participants will gain an understanding of how tenancy and support are separated in Housing First.
- Participants will know how strengths-based, person-centred, and trauma-informed approaches align with the Australian Housing First principles.
- Participants will increase their confidence and skills in providing tenancy and property services to people with complex support needs.
- Participants will understand the importance of supporting recovery in their practice.
It would be suitable for:
housing workers and team leaders delivering H2H services and other housing staff interested in Housing First Principles and practice