The Mental Health Awareness Course provides information and insight into the following areas of Mental Health.
- Prevalence and Impact of Mental Health Illness
- Anxiety Disorders
- Helping a suicidal person
- Using SAFE as the model of Intervention
- Promoting your own Mental Health
Responding to the current Covid-19 situation, the Mental Health Awareness Course provides an opportunity for learners to understand steps they can take to protect their own Mental Health.
The course lasts for six hours, spread over two days. Learners will receive the 35-page manual via email prior to the first online session, providing the opportunity for review before the course starts.
Who should attend?
- Frontline workers
- Housing/Tenancy workers
- Case managers
- Community development workers and tenant (resident) leaders
- Housing advocates
- Managers and supervisors
This workshop will be capped at 15 to allow for maximum participation/discussion.