Are you stressed at work? Have incidents at work left you feeling traumatised? Have you been feeling demotivated, tired, irritable and sometimes past caring? It could be that you need some self care. This course will explain how stress from many sources can build up and what you can do about it. It includes:
- Defining stress
- Understanding how stress affects us
- What is the right amount of stress?
- Strategies to keep the level of stress within bounds
- Trauma and how it affects
- Responding to trauma in yourself and in others
Trainer Ian Goodhardt holds Masters degrees in Counselling and Conflict resolution. He has worked in family law mediation for over 10 years. Ian is an accredited Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) instructor and has been teaching this course since 2006.
Who should attend?
- frontline workers
- housing/tenancy workers
- case managers
- community development workers and tenant (resident) leaders
- housing advocates
- managers and supervisors.
This workshop will be capped at 14 to allow for maximum participation/discussion.