Is your tenants’ behaviour disturbing or inconveniencing their neighbours? Is the stress of the situation causing high staff turnover for your organisation? What on earth can you do?
This training program, created by Goodhardt Consulting, tackles this scenario by looking at:
- the nature of conflict and the perspective of each side
- how conflict escalates, and what can prevent this
- listening skills and techniques and knowing when to use them
- questioning techniques to probe for underlying interests
- techniques for turning conflict into conversation, and working together rather than working against
- the concept of Perpetual Problems and how a continual search for resolution can become frustrating and how to prevent gridlock.
Trainer Ian Goodhardt holds Masters degrees in Counselling and Conflict resolution. He has worked in family law mediation for over 10 years. Ian is an accredited Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) instructor and has been teaching this course since 2006.
Who should attend?
- frontline workers
- housing/tenancy workers
- case managers
- community development workers and tenant (resident) leaders
- housing advocates
- managers and supervisors.
This workshop will be capped at 14 to allow for maximum participation/discussion.
Date : 17 Nov 2021
Time: 1:30 PM- 4:30 PM
Venue: Online via Zoom – we will email you Zoom invite once you have completed your registration on our website
Cost: $253 inclusive GST- members $ 275 inclusive GST – non members
Trainer: Ian Goodhardt