CHIA Vic’s Induction has been designed to be completed by new housing and tenancy workers as they start their careers in the community housing industry.
Participants must complete all five highly-recommended units and a minimum number of two elective units over a six-month period, the last 2018 intake will be in July.
The five highly-recommended units are:
1. Residential Tenancies Act for New Housing Workers – Fri 20 July
2. VCAT Hearings – Tues 25 Sept
3. Understanding the professional responsibilities of housing and tenancy workers – Wed 10 Oct
4. Working with clients in community housing – Wed 24 Oct
5. Introduction to the community housing industry – Wed 21 Nov
Participants also select at least two elective units. In the second half of 2018, these are:
1. Accounting Standard updates – Tues 13 Nov
2. Professional writing – Tues 9 Oct
3. Professional telephone skills – Tues 18 Sept
4. Handle With Care™ staff safety and defusing situations where individuals may be aggressive – Tues 20 Nov
5. Difficult conversations: How to talk to almost anyone about almost anything – Tues 2 Oct
6. Time management, worker effectiveness and worker well-being – Tues 11 Dec
7. Managing complex cases for housing workers – Tues 28 August
8. Promoting sustainable tenancies – Tues 16 Oct
9. Managing vicarious trauma – Tues 4 Sept
10. Human rights training – Wed 11 July
11. Big social housing picture – Tues 7 August
12. Specialist Disability Accommodation – Tues 4 Dec
13. NDIS & Housing – Tues 21 Aug
Additional elective units will be available in the first half of 2019.
If members book and pay for the entire Induction Program in advance (five highly recommended units and two elective units) they will receive a 20 per cent discount off the total course fee.
Contact Holly for any training and registration related queries or bookings.