The Australian Government has commissioned a Review of the NDIS Act to inform the development of the new NDIS Participant Service Guarantee.
VCOSS is convening a consultation to inform our submission to this review. We invite you or a representative of your organisation to attend and help inform our feedback and set our priorities.
Tuesday 8 October 2019
2pm – 4pm
St Michael’s Uniting Church, 120 Collins St Melbourne
People with disability, the sector and the broader community campaigned long and hard for the introduction of the NDIS. As the scheme continues to grow and evolve, it is important that every Australian counts and that everyone is able to understand, access and navigate the scheme.
The scope of this review is very wide and in this instance, VCOSS will be unable to respond to every element of the review discussion paper. In this submission VCOSS is proposing to focus on the challenges experienced by people facing intersectional disadvantage, additional barriers and greater complexity in understanding, accessing and navigating the NDIS. Key themes for discussion in this context will include:
- Awareness and understanding of the NDIS
- The interface and collaboration with mainstream and community services
- NDIS experiences across eligibility, access and planning phases
- Plan implementation, including finding and choosing providers and accessing support within thin markets
- Navigating the plan changes, review and appeals processes
- Quality and impact measures
This review presents an opportunity to highlight the challenges experienced, propose positive changes, reduce red tape and improve participant experiences.
If you are unable to attend but wish to provide input, please contact Rhiannon Wapling on 9235 1000.
Please note, this consultation is for VCOSS members and Empowered Lives members only.