The community sector has signed a new four-year service agreement with the Victorian Government, detailing the rights and responsibilities of both the government and community service organisations that receive state funding.
What are the key changes?
- Formal acknowledgment of the independence of funded organisations.
- Support for embedding Aboriginal self-determination in our work.
- Clearer guidelines on what we must do if a data breach occurs within our organisation.
- Limiting the circumstances under which the government can recoup unspent funds.
- More notice when policies are being changed, or new policies are being introduced.
- Some limits on what records the government can access.
On 1 January 2020, DHHS will post the full text of the Service Agreement and some related documents on the Funded Agency Channel Service Agreement Module.