CHIA is helping the National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation (NHFIC) deliver lower cost and longer term finance to community housing organisations by coordinating a grant program that funds professional advisory services.
The NHFIC wants to encourage loan applications from registered Community Housing Organisations, including Housing Providers who partner with a Housing Association to take a loan. Grants will be available to fund consultants to help with loan applications, with consultants invited to join a Panel through an Expression of Interest (EOI) process.
CHIA is hosting a NHFIC Professional Advisory Services briefing session on 8 May 8 from 1.30pm to 4pm at CHIA Victoria offices, 1/128 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000.
This will inform both housing organisations and consultants on the program, and seek input into final program design.
The event will include:
- information from the State Government on how NHFIC funding aligns with growing the community housing sector
- a briefing on NHFIC loan applications
- overview of the Professional Advisory Services grants
- refreshment break, with networking opportunities
- community housing workshop: discussing grant eligibility
- consultant workshop: explaining the Panel membership EOI.