Common Equity Housing Ltd (CEHL) completed an innovative mixed social and private housing development in Gipps Street, Abbotsford in 2013. Constructed on the site of an existing boot factory, the development retained the heritage façade of the factory building, while providing a modern residences.
- Developer: Common Equity Housing Ltd
- Location: Abbotsford, Victoria
- Project value: $30 million (approximately)
- Program partners: Becon Construction. Trade alliances were made with Caroma Dorf, Godfrey Hirst Carpets, Technika Appliances, CBS Blinds, Laminex and Johnson Tiles.
- Awards: Urban Development Institute of Australia – Best Affordable Development 2013