Community housing organisations can apply for funding to retrofit their properties to improve water efficiency with the aim of saving water and reducing costs.
South East Water, City West Water and Yarra Valley Water in partnership with the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) have created aCommunity Housing Retrofit Program (CHRP).
CHRP provides assistance to emergency and community housing organisations to repair leaks and repair or replace faulty water appliances across Victoria.
Eligible organisations include refugee housing, domestic violence shelters or short term housing for displaced persons.
Some of the retrofit works available under this program are:
- Showerhead replacement
- Repair or replacement of single flush toilet suites
- Leak detection
- Leak repair, including underground pipes and internal appliances and fixtures
- Hot water service adjustment repair and/or replacement
- Water and energy efficient appliance replacement such as washing machines and dishwashers
- Additional related plumbing works
Click here for details of how to apply.