Unison Housing is seeking an experienced Director of Finance to provide strategic leadership, oversee all external financial and business performance processes and outcomes and ensure compliance with all mandatory professional standards.
Would you like to work for a leading housing services provider? If you are looking for a career-enhancing role with a friendly and professional work environment where your contribution is valued, then we would love to hear from you!
Unison is a not for profit Organisation that provides a diverse range of housing services across Victoria including social housing, affordable housing, private rental, transitional housing and owners’ corporation services. We believe that affordable housing is the foundation on which to build a life of value, but that a good life takes more than just housing. A good life takes place in a community.
We provide affordable housing, and work to reduce disadvantage and social exclusion for people who have previously been homeless, by helping to create communities around them. Unison also assists over 3000 people each year who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, you will work closely with the Executive Team and provide strategic leadership on financial planning and governance. Prior experience and exposure working with senior officials in government or in the not-for-profit sector is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide strategic financial advice to the Board and its Committees, the CEO, the Executive Leadership Team and senior staff to achieve Unison’s financial objectives
• Oversee all external financial reporting processes and outcomes and ensure compliance with all mandatory professional standards as well as legislative and contractual requirements.
• Ensure Unison properly manages its financial risks and achieve financial management best practice.
• Manage Unison’s relationship with its external stakeholders, including auditors, lenders, banks, investment manager, insurance broker, government departments and agencies regarding financial arrangements for relevant Unison projects and funding.
This exciting ongoing position will suit a career minded finance leader who can bring best practice to the finance operations. Your formal accounting qualifications will be well supported by sound business judgment, robust analytical capabilities and strong communication skills. Your excellence in Board reporting, financial modelling, forecasting and budgeting will be matched with your attention to detail, skill in delegating to and empowering others; and in ensuring the provision of timely and comprehensive reports to guide the Executive and Management.
• Five+ Years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position
• Professional accounting qualification such as CA or CPA and Tertiary qualification in Finance, Accounting • Proven knowledge and experience in implementing the requirements of Australian Accounting Standards, not-for-profit sector accounting, tax compliance and financial reporting.
• Experience working with senior officials in government or in the not-for-profit sector (essential).
• Experience working in the building and development industry (preferred).
• Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics and dependability.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders whilst displaying exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
• Permanent, Part time (4 days, 0.8 FTE)
• Salary package approximately $170k per year, pro-rata’ed to 0.8FTE (Including super and leave loading)
• Salary Packaging available
• 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% annual leave loading
• Salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax free available
• Supportive working arrangements
• Access to the Employee Assistance Program for independent and confidential counselling
• Screening for this position will commence immediately, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We will review applications as they come in so if you meet the requirements of this role, please APPLY immediately.
• The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
Unison is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQ+ communities and those living with a disability to apply.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be advised of the application outcome.