Help build the pipeline of much needed homes for people who are priced out of the private rental market in this position, which has been created following the Victorian Government’s historic $5.3 billion investment in social housing. As the peak body for the not-for-profit community housing sector, CHIA Vic will play a key role in fostering the affordable housing opportunities provided by this funding.
WHERE YOU COME IN:
For this full-time, fixed-term role (two years, subject to funding), CHIA Vic is seeking someone with excellent networking and interpersonal skills to focus on engagement and education of private developers, local government and other key stakeholders. In addition to growing awareness and understanding of the community housing sector, you will be responsible for uncovering and progressing affordable housing development opportunities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Demonstrated experience in working with disparate stakeholders to achieve a mutual agreed outcome
- Demonstrated and advanced networking skills
- Ability to work both in teams and on an autonomous basis.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work, complete tasks
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of community housing and homeless services; local government and/or the development sector is highly beneficial but not a requirement.
About CHIA Vic
The Community Housing Industry Association Victoria (CHIA Vic) is the peak body that represents the not-for-profit community housing sector in Victoria. Our role is to advocate on behalf of our members to government and other relevant bodies, as well as providing advice, resources and training to the community housing sector.
Applicants should submit a current CV and cover letter to email@example.com by COB on January 26, 2021.