Eligibility for this six-month course is restricted to workers with at least two years’ tenancy experience or who have completed CHIA Vic’s Induction Program.
The training includes interactive scenarios to increase workers’ confidence and competency in real-life situations. Each unit is covered in a half-day session at our Melbourne-CBD training facility.
The face-to-face training includes six core units, plus one elective unit.
The core subjects are:
- The Residential Tenancies Authority for experienced workers – Wednesday, September 13
- File notes and record keeping – date TBC
- Human rights – Wednesday, August 23
- Community housing regulations– Tuesday, September 5
- Occupational health and safety – date TBC
- Privacy law and confidentiality – Tuesday, October 10
The elective unit can be selected from an extensive list of topics. In the second half of 2017, these include:
- Independent contracting – Tuesday, October 24
- Dealing with contractors – Wednesday, December 6
- Supervision training – Monday, September 11
- Human Rights training – Wednesday, August 23
- Understanding the policy context – Tuesday, August 29
- Difficult conversations: how to talk to anyone about almost anything – Tuesday, September 19
- Workplace relations – Tuesday, October 17
Details on each unit can be found on this webpage
The minimum cost of the whole course is $1600, with the price varying depending on the elective selected.
Book and pay for both the Induction Program and Training for Experienced Workers to save 20 per cent off the total price.
Registration and other queries about the training can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org