Community Housing Organisations must ensure that their policies and procedures comply with the Charter of Human Rights and that their staff are trained to take human rights into account when dealing with renters.
This practical workshop demonstrates how Human Rights considerations should be incorporated into the everyday practice of tenancy workers.
This workshop will cover:
- Overview of the Charter of Human rights
- Understanding person centred practice
- Understanding procedural fairness
- Understanding how to consider a renters’ human rights
- Undertaking human rights assessments
This course is suitable for:
- New tenancy workers who need to understand the importance of human rights considerations.
• Experienced housing workers who need to incorporate human rights considerations in their tenancy management procedures
• Managers who need to incorporate human rights procedures into their organisation’s policies