Successful customer outcomes largely depend on the quality of interpersonal relationship, both internal relationships with colleagues, and external relationships with stakeholders and the people receiving your services.
This workshop takes a reflective approach and explores the nature of boundary issues at work by looking at the five risk areas:
- Physical boundaries
- Emotional boundaries
- Sexual boundaries
- Intellectual boundaries
- Financial boundaries
Prior to the workshop, delegates are encouraged to complete a self-assessment of their current practice.
Having reflected on their current practice prior to the session, they can more easily identify the areas they need to address during the session and take their learning back to the workplace.
Delivered through a social housing lens, this workshop gives delegates the opportunity to identify strategies that they can use to maintain safe boundaries.
The training has the following objectives:
- Reflect on current practice
- Define Professional Boundaries
- Understand the importance of maintaining Professional Boundaries
- Examine ethical considerations
- Consider the impact of unconscious bias
- Implications of overstepping Professional Boundaries
- Identify strategies and interventions for maintaining Professional Boundaries
The workshop session is accompanied by a workbook and a suite of digital, downloadable, supporting materials that reinforce the messages contained within the workshop.
Knowledge and information sharing
Evidence from research
Post course reflective study
This is a 3-hour workshop with a 15 minute comfort break.