Managers, leaders and supervisors in not for profit organisations come to the job with a mix of skills and experiences which makes their contribution to the overall success of the organisation significant. Many don’t have an in-depth knowledge of accounting or a head for numbers, yet their individual responsibilities often incorporate budget development and an understanding of how the performance of their department or program impacts on the whole organisation.
Learning how to read and understand the figures presented in financial reports through this workshop, will equip your leaders with the knowledge they require to make better informed future decisions. Topics Include:
- Interpret and use the financial reports, including the balance sheet and profit and loss against budget.
- Develop the budget for the financial year and new programs
- Calculate the organisation’s financial health; the Current (solvency), Quick (liquidity) and Debt to worth (financial risk) ratios
- Link the strategic plan to the budget and financial reports
- Understand the financial controls required to protect the organisations assets
Who should attend?
- Managers/supervisors/board members/ CEOs