This half day course provides an overview for new workers on the scope, role and operation of the community housing sector.
It is aimed at ALL new workers in the sector. It looks at:
• Understanding the big housing picture
• The Australian social housing system
• Different forms of housing assistance
• An overview of the Victorian community housing sector
• How community housing is funded and regulated
• Access to and allocation of community housing, and the Victorian Housing Register
• How community housing rents are set
• Rights and duties of tenants in community housing
Who should attend?
• New Workers in Community Housing and Homelessness Sector